The characterization lab is equipped with a comprehensive suite of optical, surface and electrical measurement tools to analyse material and device properties. Also, advanced equipment for PV device analysis is available.
Ambient-pressure Photoemission Spectroscopy (APS) system from KP technology measures the absolute work function of a material by photoemission in ambient conditions, no vacuum is required. SPV and SPS source for the measurement of the full bands of semiconductors.
- Arkeo All in one measurement platform, Cicci Research with the following capabilities: a) Photo-CELIV, b) impedance-spectroscopy, c) transient-photovoltage/current, d) MPPT tracker, e) Transient EL spectroscopy and f) thermal resolved analysis.
- QE-R EnliTech Quantum Efficiency/ IPCE Measurement System
Park XE7 AFM platform, which Includes the Scanning Kelvin Probe Microscopy (SKPM), Dynamic Contact EFM (DC-EFM) and Piezoresponse Force Microscopy (PFM) modes
- FS5 Spectrofluorometer Edinburgh Instruments for Time resolved photoluminescence (TRPL) measurements
- Probe station EPS150TRIAX, Cascade Microtech: Enable I-V measurements at fA level
- Infinity PV ISOS test laboratory for testing of PVs under the ISOS-D-1/2/3, ISOS-L-1/2/3, ISOS-O-1/2/3 protocols. 40-channel system used for recording conditions (temperature, light intensity and humidity) and weather data.
- InfinityPV Ultrafast laser beam induced current (LBIC) mapping system to evaluate PV cells and modules after continuous operation.
- All in one Agilent B1500A Semiconductor Analyzer supporting current-voltage (I-V), capacitance-voltage (CV) and pulse/dynamic IV measurements.
- FR Basic, Thetametrisis: Film Characterization (thickness, optical properties), Reflectance measurement tool.
- Van der Pauw Ecopia HMS-3000 Hall Measurement System. 4-probe method for calculating electrical conductivity, mobility & sheet resistance of films under study.